Saturday, July 07, 2007

Marc Maron

A stand up comic, writer and cultural critic.


"Surveillance induced morality: relics of cultural retardation. "
"Left wing, right wing, I am wingless and tired of trying to fly. Here comes the ground. "
"It's easy to maintain your integrity when no one is offering to buy it out. "
"It seems that the drugs have become more focused in their applications and less romanticized. I don't know if that discussion will ever be relevant again. "
"I'm sad to see the passing of the great drug warriors. I certainly did my part in that battle and I don't regret any of it. "
"I'm not completely sure we aren't all living in a hallucination now. "
"For my next trick I will make everyone understand me. "
"Comedy is obviously a matter of personal taste and the world always needs a clown and some people have no taste at all and any clown will do."
"You got to decide what your soul can handle and how you want to be seen. "
"When you actually meet the devil and he offers you a deal most artists eventually negotiate. "
"TV is great beacause people never know when to retire and you can watch the hole arc of success, sadness and decay."
"In most cases the only difference between depression and disappointment is ur level of commitement"
"So much of what other people think is someting I make up"
"Why not assume it is all a big lie and the soul is just a whore that we pimp out to fill our emptyness"
"In the american south there is an ignorance that runs so deep it actually has intergrity"
"I'm glad to be part of the war on sadness. I'm a part time employee of the illusion that keeps people stupid."
"If you are a talented person and you are not successful there is probably something inside of you that is stopping you from being successful, and sadly, it might be your talent."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home